- 165g brown sugar
- 120ml plain, unsweetened yogurt (OR any other substitute for 2 eggs)
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Mixed spice
- Ground cinnamon
- 3 – 4 large grated carrots
- Desiccated coconut (optional)
- Walnuts (optional)
- Sunflower seeds (optional)
- Raisins (optional)
- Cream cheese frosting (optional)
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Heat the oven to 170°C ; line the muffin tray if making muffins or line the cake tin with baking paper if making cake
- Whisk the sugar, yogurt and oil together until pale and bubble around the edges – make sure that all the sugar’s dissolved!
- Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice and ground cinnamon.
- Stir in the carrots, desiccated coconut, walnuts, sunflower seeds and raisins
- Pour the batter into the the muffin tray or cake tin
- Bake for…
- 15-20 minutes if making muffins
- 35-45 minutes if making cake
- Allow it to cool on a cooling rack once done
- Once cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting on it or dust some icing sugar on top of it
There you have it! Perfectly eggless carrot cake/ muffins.
Remember, the yogurt is a substitute for egg, if you don’t have yogurt, you can always use applesauce or some other forms of egg substitutes.
*Picture for illustration only