Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Here are some quick and easy breakfast ideas that you can whip up within minutes! They’re also wallet friendly! ☀️
Eggs and Toast
Super super quick and easy. 2 slices of whole-grain toast (or any kind of toast) paired with 2 scrambled or poached or fried eggs to get your protein in. I also like to have a little fruit bowl consisting of whatever in the fridge to get my fibre in!
Egg, Ham and Cheese Bagel/ Open-faced sandwich/ Wrap
Another quick and easy breakfast idea! I like to have mine as an open faced sandwich with multigrain toast, a fried egg, ham and cheese. You can also have it as a breakfast wrap!
Yogurt Granola Bowl topped with fruits
These are very healthy and are simple to whip up. All you need is:
- Fruits of your choice. I personally like bananas, mangoes, any all kinds of berries!
- Plain yogurt. I like mine with either vanilla yogurt or greek yogurt. However, because I find Greek yogurt a bit tasteless (🙄), I like to drizzle a little bit of honey on top of it to sweeten it up
- Any other topping of your choice!
- Honey (Optional)
Then pour the yogurt into a bowl and top it with the rest of the ingredients. Afterwards, drizzle honey (if using) on top. Ta da!!
Peanut Butter Banana Toast
I eat this when i’m not too hungry but still want something in my tummy. It’s also a perfect post-workout “meal” or snack because of the fat and protein content coming from the peanut butter and banana.
Toast a slice of any bread of your choice, spread peanut butter on it and slice some bananas on to the toast. As a little extra thing, I like to sprinkle some ground cinnamon on to it – you don’t have to if you don’t wanna. You can also add chia seeds or any other topping of your choice!
Eggless Banana Muffins
Banana muffins are easily one of my favourite kind of muffins. Even my sister who absolutely hates bananas enjoy banana muffins! You can make a whole batch a day before and heat it up for breakfast the next day or have it for a snack! Click here for the recipe.
Vegan French Toast
Not only are they delicious, they’re vegan as well! Click here for recipe.
Hard Boiled Egg and Avocado
Get your essential protein and fats in with this combination! Click here for recipe
3 ingredient Pancakes (courtesy of Karlie Kloss)
Courtesy of the amazing Karlie Kloss, these 3 ingredient pancakes are healthy and super east to make! You can watch the video here. If not, all you need is:
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- Handful of oats
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- Cut berries (optional)
- Mix the mashed banana, egg and oats in a bowl and add in vanilla extract or ground cinnamon if using.
- Heat a pan with butter or oil.
- Scoop the batter onto the pan. Wait until bubbles start appearing before flipping.
- Put on a plate and top with any toppings of your choice. I love topping it with fruits.
- Drizzle maple syrup!
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sandwich
Ok. So obviously this isn’t one of the healthiest options but whatevs hehe Anyways, all you need is Bacon, Egg, Cheese and 2 slices of toast. This will definitely keep you full til lunch!
Strawberry with Cream Cheese Toast
Also another one of my go to’s when I don’t feel like eating but still have to eat – ya know what I mean? No? That’s fine 🙂
- Toast a slice of bread – wholegrain, multigrain, white, any kind of toast!
- Spread some cheese on it – I like the laughing cow cheese spread
- Put some sliced strawberries not the toast
A bit of a weird combination, but trust me. It’s yummy!
Fruit Salad with Nuts
For those days where you’re really not feeling like it, chop some fruits up, add some almonds and walnuts and maybe sneak in some chocolate chips into a bowl and dig in!
What do you guys have for breakfast? Let me know in the comments below!
Enjoy! Let me know if you try any of these!