I’ve always wanted to bake bread. The smell of bread baking in the oven is gorgeous. It’s lovely. It’s beautiful. It’s carbilicious.
And i can finally say, i have baked a decent loaf of bread/ bread rolls. These are perfect for anytime of the day! I mean, who doesn’t love bread!! Alright, enough talking, let’s get cooking:
- 2 ¼ tsp of yeast (I used a whole pack of yeast)
- 2 ¼ cup of tap water
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp oil (I used olive oil, but any oil will do!)
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 4 – 6 cups of self-raising flour
- In a large bowl, pour in the water
- Heat it up in the microwave for 20 seconds*
- Add in white sugar
- Add in the yeast
- Mix and wait for it to start foaming or for bubbles to form
- Add in 4 cups of flour and start mixing until dough doesn’t stick to the side of the bowl. If it’s sticking, add in ½ cup more of flour and keep going until it’s not sticking.
- Knead the dough
- Roll it into a ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and let it rest for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface until it’s around 20cm long width wise
- Roll into desired shape. check out this link which teaches you how to roll bread dough.
- Let it rest for a few more minutes
- Heat oven to 200°C
- Place baking tray on the top rack
- Rolls for 13 minutes on the top rack
- Loafs for 13 minutes on the top then additional 10 in the middle
Enjoy with butter!!!